Re: MGA Starter

To: Mike Razor <mrazor@mis.net>
Subject: Re: MGA Starter
From: Ron Engelhardt <hardt@sonic.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2004 20:12:05 -0700
It should be the same starter that was used in early spridgets. I
remember that Napa didn't have one listed for the MGA but were able to
cross reference to the Midget. The starter they gave me was identical to
the MGA starter. Maybe someone on the list can cross reference it to the
correct spridget years. I have had good luck at Napa getting bolt on
engine parts for the MGA.

Ron Engelhardt
58 MGA
Santa Rosa, Ca.

Mike Razor wrote:

> I checked with AutoZone and they just kind of "zoned out"  when I asked them
> if they had a starter for a 59 MGA.  I checked with a Moss distributor and
> the cost for a rebuilt one is $67 and some change.  I will hit NAPA up in
> the morning before I order one.  Also, there used to be a place that could
> rebuild them.  If I can find out what the core charge is, it might be worth
> keeping and having it rebuilt.
> Thanks!
> Mike R

Check out the new British Cars Forum: