Rust sneaking up on me!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Rust sneaking up on me!
From: AGreenberg@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 12:57:08 -0400
My usual mode is to remove the carpets and hang them on a tree next to my MG
parking spot after it rains.  It always leaks in and I can't figure out where
it's coming from so this is what I do.

After this weekend's rain, I spent a little time probing around the floor.
There's a spot on the floor were I can put my finger through ( though I didn't)
under the steering wheel.
What should I do given that I have very little time or money to spend on it.
I can do the following....

1.Rough up the area and drench it with POR-15.
2.Cut the offending area out and screw down a temporary plate.
3. Leave it alone until I can do it right by cutting and welding in a new pan.

Ideas anyone??

Alex Greenberg
Member Connecticut (USA) MG club

1976 MGB - Fair weather daily driver ( Junior )
1993 Subaru Legacy LSi - a reliable car
1974 Ducati 750 GT - wonderfully, beautiful motorcycle

Clarinetist with Nefesh
www.NefeshBand.com
www.cdbaby.com/nefesh

Check out the new British Cars Forum: