[Top] [All Lists]

Re: Rubber hoses to metal hoses

To: James Nazarian <>
Subject: Re: Rubber hoses to metal hoses
From: Dave Ambrose <>
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2004 19:49:51 -0700
If the pipe is the right diameter, you can solder a ring from a 
compression fitting to the pipe and get a very suitable bulge.

James Nazarian wrote:
> I can't comment about the likelihood of finding the hose you need, best to
> just ask to look around at an auto parts store.  As for the slipping off, in
> my experience a hose will not stay on a smooth pipe for long as the pressure
> will cause it to slide off.  I have had success soldering a small copper
> wire around the end to create a lip.  Perhaps you could try that. 

Check out the new British Cars Forum:

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>