Re: OD Transmission

To: elco506@austin.rr.com ("Brian Lundgren")
Subject: Re: OD Transmission
From: Mgbbob@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 13:02:23 -0400
Not sure, Brian.

OD's really need to be taken apart and inspected. ]

The D type OD I picked up for my 66 B was perfect. All I had to do was buy new
o-rings and seals...although I did replace the bearings and a couple of gears
in the tranny.

The A type OD I picked up for my 60 TR3 was worse. The PO scored the hydraulic
pump housing when they took it apart and it wouldn't make pressure. This was a
more expensive proposition because I couldn't find the problem and needed John
Esposito (Quantum Mechanics) to scope it out for me.

If you assume the worst, it could be a $1500 repair and if you luck out it
could cost as little as $100.

Good luck

Bob Stahlbush, pres. British Motorcars of N.E. (bmcne.com)

60 TR3, 66 MGB, 83 XJ-6

Check out the new British Cars Forum: