RE: surge-o-matic

To: mg-dennis <mg-dennis@mindspring.com>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: surge-o-matic
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 12:05:04 -0600
You are correct. I meant, but didn't say, that I was then in second gear
when I hit the 25 mph zone.

I have a few things to check but I'm focusing at vacuum related things. The
surging occurred in a state of de-acceleration when vacuum would/should be
highest. I was coming downhill at a moderate slope. So when Paul says the
OD "would alter the revs for the same speed", the problem did appear that
way thus making me originally suspect the OD. But considering that I was
coasting downhill (5-7 degree grade?) so to speak, my surging may well be
more of a drop/resume rather than an increase/resume type of scenario.
Clear as mud?

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B

At 10:35 AM 9/30/2004 -0700, mg-dennis wrote:
>25 in third??!!  I usually don't shift into 3rd till at least 40. ;-)
>
>Dennis Cox
>67 MGB

Check out the new British Cars Forum: