Re: Tie rod end removal problems

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, "James Schulte" <schultejim@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Tie rod end removal problems
From: "Steve Gorr" <sgorr2@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 22:15:21 -0500
A Pickle fork is a forked wedge that goes around the shaft of the tie rod and
gets hammered on the end. It often will damage the rubber grease boot but it
will pop that stubborn tapered tie rod out. I assume you plan on replacing the
rod ends anyway. I started tapping the fork in and used an impact wrench to
remove the nut, then hammered away until it popped free.