Re: No LBC - Craftsman Tools R. I. P.

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: No LBC - Craftsman Tools R. I. P.
From: MGMagnette@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 07:02:50 EST
A week ago I had that Craftsman Dream again where I owned everything I ever
wanted.  Finally I went to the Craftsman website and added it all up.  $11k
before air tools.   I could easily drop $30k there.

I worked at Sears for a short period of time.  The one I was in was massively
overstaffed and nobody bought anything not on sale.  The tool department
apparently used to be on commission, but to save money they eliminated that.
The
problem is that the nearby lawn and garden people get commission on tools
still, so wheneverI would make a sale the cashier would ring the sale to a lawn
and garden person... saving sears nothing.    I'd say for every three customers
that came in, one was a warranty claim.

  John