Re: Battery Tenders

To: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>,
Subject: Re: Battery Tenders
From: "mgamgb" <mgamgb@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 18:05:40 +1300
Hi Larry
I had the same sort of problem -

I made up 6 charging leads with polarised plugs on the ends, and fitted 6
matching sockets to the charger,

All of the sockets are internally  wired in parrallel to the rectifier, but
each one is connected through a diode so that a fully charged battery cannot
discharge through a discharged one. The diodes also prevent all hell from
breaking loose if a charging lead is connected to a battery the wrong way
round. All that happens is the 5A fuse in the charger blows.

My charger case was large enough to do this, but if you have a smaller unit
you could make up a separate distribution box.

Cheers
Ian F