Re: New Radiator

To: "David Macedonia" <david.macedonia@verizon.net>, <Mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: New Radiator
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 20:46:38 -0700
It depends on what needs repaired. For the most part, it would be better to
have a radiator repair shop check it out and let you know if its repairable
and how much it would cost. If its a problem with the core or a seam leak,
I would think the repair would be better and much cheaper.

The Moss part number you gave is correct for the year and should have the
correct offset filler cap. But the drain valve is  another matter
altogether and somewhat of a mystery to me. I have only encountered two
radiators with the drain valve fitted, one being my first B, a 65. But all
my other MGs - two 71 BGTs, 72B, and another 65B did not have a drain valve
on the radiator, a feature I really like. I did buy a used radiator for my
72B that had a drain valve already installed.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B