Re: emergency brake

To: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>, "MG list" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: emergency brake
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 18:51:24 -0700
This is likely just another cold weather phenomenon. I tend to be very
hesitant to use the emergency brake in subzero temperatures because
sometimes it sticks, noticeable when you release and reset the lever. It
will return to normal but it is a little slow to do so. The few times it
happened to me in both my BGT and in my Toyota Landcruiser, it returned to
normal within a few blocks. And I don't think it held much pressure on the
brakes with its slow release or at least I didn't notice any symptoms of
such. Still, as I mentioned, I try not to use the emergency brake in the
winter. If I'm parking the car on a slope, I'll just stick a small piece of
wood behind a tire to be safe under the very slim chance the car could pop
out of gear.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B