Re: Penetrating oil

To: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>, mgb-v8@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Penetrating oil
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@MGAguru.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 18:38:33 -0500
At 06:47 PM 4/28/05 -0700, Barrie Robinson wrote:
>.... anyone know how to make penetrating oil?  ....

The prime ingredients in do-it-yourself Waxoil are shaved and ground
pariffin wax disolved in mineral spirits to maximum saturation.

>A lister once mentioned filling the cavities and then draining  - then
>using the liquid to do the next ones

Yup.  Totally filling the cavities has to be the best way to assure full
coverage and getting into the weld seams.  Be sure to let the air out, and
tilt the assembly in various directions to allow the liquid to hit all the
high points inside the sills.

If I ever get around to re-doing the sills on my MGA, I would like to
submerge the finished sills in corrosion inhibiting primer paint.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://MGAguru.com