How to take apart front suspension when it's off the car?

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: How to take apart front suspension when it's off the car?
From: "Stuart MacMillan" <macgroup@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 19:06:22 -0700
I need some ideas here folks.  I've got a complete front suspension (MGB)
that I rebuilt on a project car before a recent move.  I had to "recycle"
the car due to the move, but I kept the front suspension cross member.  Now
I need the new kingpins, shocks, etc. for my '65 B.

Has anyone done this "off the car"?  Without the weight of the car to
compress the springs, I'll need some sort of spring compressor.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

Stuart MacMillan

'65 MGB