Re: stowaway top needed / hoods

To: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>, "Carl French"
Subject: Re: stowaway top needed / hoods
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 17:10:41 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>

But I also agree that after owning an Alfa Romeo
Spider Veloce for a while, and marvelling time and
again about just how wonderfully simple it was to
raise or lower the top with one hand from the driver's
seat, I would think some enterprising aftermarket
company would design something similar for the MGB.

But maybe it's just not possible.

Paul Misencik - 1971 MGB - www.sopwithracing.com

I really liked the lift-up panel on my 65 Corvette.  While not an operation
done completely from the driver's seat, it only took seconds to raise/lower
the top and resulted in a very clean look when down -- unlike a lot of
convertibles that look like the cleanliness of top-down appearance was an
afterthought at best.

Larry Daniels
79 MGB LE
72 Midget
58 Bugeye

"You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it
doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it
shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape."