Re: BGT front wing

To: "Gosling, Richard B" <Richard.Gosling@atkinsglobal.com>,
Subject: Re: BGT front wing
From: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 03:27:24 -0700 (PDT)
There are three types of wings out there (six, if you count B and BGT). Mk1s
from 62-67, 68-74,75-80. Even the early ones will fit but the front turn
signals are in a different place and they do not have the front marker light
cut outs. You should not have any problems.
Carl

"Gosling, Richard B" <Richard.Gosling@atkinsglobal.com> wrote:
How different (if at all) are the front wings for a BGT with recessed grille
and for one with the black plastic honeycomb grille? There's a front wing
on eBay right now which I'm watching, the seller bought it himself off eBay
but never used it, and the seller before that said it came from a '72 -
which means it might be a recessed grille, might be a black plastic grille,
right??

Nancy, my '73 BGT, has the black plastic grille - I don't want to spend
money on a wing that might not fit.

Looking at the parts list from MGOC, they just seem to list "early" (pre-67)
and "late" chrome bumper models, which would suggest no difference. The
Moss website gives a part number for the recessed-grille model, but then
says that wing is not available and to use the later one instead. So I
think that tells me that this wing should be OK either way, but does anyone
know any better?