Re: MG and TVR merge

To: mgs@autox.team.net, ptroot@iaces.com
Subject: Re: MG and TVR merge
From: Aeseeyou@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 10:55:57 EDT
In a message dated 6/2/2005 9:50:16 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
ptroot@iaces.com writes:

>>I was not referring to the MG TF coming  to America. I'm hoping for a
continuation of a MG >>car company, and a new  model that is designed with
coming
to America in mind .
>>Some day.  Maybe.

Did the MGTF ever make it as far as Canada as far as Dealer  showrooms or
anything. Were there any or are there any in Canada. And, are there  any
Owner's
surveys regarding the approval or long term driving surveys out  there for
someone who is interested can read about the cars quirks or  idiosyncrasies for
themselves, not some PR or sales brochure, which as you may  or may not know,
that's where a whole ton of money went, into the devising and  printing up of
expensive sales material to attract buyers. Also they paid money  for scripted
endorsements from musical and sports figures....I have one sales
catalog/sales book that about 12" square and an 1/2 inch thick that must have
cost a
fortune to produce. Too bad that the cars weren't as impressive as the
literature
that was used to publicize them. You can spend billions of dollars on  PR but
if what you're trying to sell is a dud, it's still going to be a dud  after
you've read all the fancy words saying otherwise.
Cheers!
Albert  Escalante
1978 MGB, 1977 XJ6L, 1985 VdP (Jaguars)
The Central Coast  British Car Club (CA)
Ventura, CA (info: www.ccbcc.org)