Re: Road Pricing

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Road Pricing
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 16:56:44 -0500
Bill Saidel wrote:

> Hans (and anyone else),
>         What does that term, Road pricing mean? I'm not familiar with
> the term and am trying to figure it out from your rant.

The version they are toying with here in the USA is to have all vehicles
fitted with chips that will show their location, speed and miles
traveled. You will be taxed according to how many miles the vehicle
travels. This also allows them to keep track of your location and speed
in realtime. George Orwell was a dewy-eyed optimist.

-Rock    http://www.rocky-frisco.com
--
Rocky Frisco's LIBERTY website: http://www.liberty-in-our-time.com/
The World's Best Daily News Service: http://www.rationalreview.com/