Re: Forwarded: Oil Filter

To: "Councill, David" <dcouncill@msubillings.edu>
Subject: Re: Forwarded: Oil Filter
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 13:28:39 -0500
   Hmm, I looked at the page, didn't see any filters listed for the
hanging spin-on adapters.  In fact, Barney solicited input.

   So: I'm using the hanging spin-on filter adapter shown on the bottom
of Barney's page.  The filter I'm using with this adapter is the NAPA
Gold 1374, which should cross over to Wix 51374.  The NAPA Gold is a
Wix, y'see.

   Moss used to sell this adapter, that's where I got mine years ago.  I
had to buy a longer oil cooler hose to fit on this adapter because the
hose port points to the rear.  I switched to this adapter because I had
probs with the rods rattling on engine start after the car had been
parked for more than a few days.  It didn't solve the problem. The oil
is, apparently, still draining from the main gallery, I guess.

   YMMV,

    CR