My first rebuilt engine

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: My first rebuilt engine
From: MGMagnette@aol.com
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 17:47:12 EDT
Hi all-

This is the first engine I've rebuilt... for my 1972 MGB.  I'm having  an
ignition fault which I'm sure I can figure out for myself, but what concerns
me
is the oil pressure when crankiing the engine.

I've cranked the engine 3-5  times so far, for a few seconds each time  to
check for a spark.  The oil pressure needle has not budged.  The  oil filter is
still dry.  I SWEAR I put the gasket in between the oil pump  and the block.
Am I just too nervous?  How long should it take to  fill up that oil cooler
and come back?  Does the oil go though the cooler  first or the filter?

 John