[Top] [All Lists]

Re: Oil change cards / This is what I meant.

To: MG List <>
Subject: Re: Oil change cards / This is what I meant.
From: Max Heim <>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 08:51:04 -0700
Thanks for the very clear description. The reason I didn't recognize the
term is probably because I've never seen an example of that particular
format. In the western US, at least, this function would be filled by a
sticker, usually placed on the door jamb (where it is out of sight), or more
recently, on the corner of the windshield.

I suppose these cards are commonly used in Europe.

on 7/24/05 4:07 AM, Bert Palte at wrote:

> At 03:38 24/07/05, you wrote:
>> on 7/23/05 12:06 PM, Bert Palte at wrote:
>>> I am trying to find examples of oil change cards of the 70s/80s, possibly
>> OK, I'll bite. what is an oil change card?
> Sorry guys, English is not my first language.
> What I mean is a small tag, probably about 40 x 80 mm (1.5 inch by 3
> inches) or so with e.g. a 6 mm (1/4 in.) hole in them,
> dangling from e.g. the direction indicator stalk or the choke control knob
> of your car using a small piece of rope,
> the rope usually being white, red or green.
> This is a preprinted card, issued by an oil company, usually rubber stamped
> with name and address of the
> car dealer who puts it in your car after a lube job.
> Then, a ball point is used to record  e.g. (1) date of last oil
> change,  (2) mileage of last oil change, (3) (mileage) when next oil
> change  is due, (4) type of oil to be used.
> I hope I have made it somewhat clearer now.  What is the correct
> description in English?
> Bert
> Holland, Europe


Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149
If you're near Mountain View, CA,
it's the primer red one with chrome wires

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>