Re: Choke cable

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Choke cable
From: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 21:50:18 -0400
----- Original Message -----

Subject: Choke cable

> I know I'm supposed to make sure I know how something goes back
> together before I take it apart, but a choke cable?  How hard can that
> be?
> I think my mechanic has jury-rigged the cable.

David Council's photos should be worth the proverbial 1000 words.

Allow me to add a few words. The thing that is counter-intuitive is that the
*sheath* is the part that moves when you pull out or push in the choke
handle. The inner cable is anchored to the bracket above the forward carb.

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC
http://home.mebtel.net/~ejrussell