Re: Overheating

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Overheating
From: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 21:47:25 -0400
----- Original Message -----

> From: "Randy Widman"
> Subject: Overheating
>
> The other day my car started getting hotter after driving a couple of
> hours.

This is just a guess but here's what happened on our '78 B. After a long
drive on a hot day the temp gauge started reading high. The t-stat was good,
the cooling system was recently flushed and no leaks.

A few days later I just happened to be working under/behind the dash and
noticed the voltage stabilizer attached to the firewall. The mounting screw
was loose. I cleaned the mounting surface and re-attached it nice and snug.

Temp gauge readings returned to normal!

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC
http://home.mebtel.net/~ejrussell