Why would the windshield washer motor keep running...

To: <Mgs@autox.team.net>, "Steve Harding" <mgbgt1@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Why would the windshield washer motor keep running...
From: "James Schulte" <schultejim@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 17:47:14 -0400
Listers,
Why would the windshield washer motor keep running when the ignition is turned
to the on position. Only way to stop it is to pull the ground wire on it.
Possibilities: Short in washer motor, short in harness near stalk where washer
would be activated, bad connection at switch in stalk.
How do I test? Using a volt meter I presume. What should I be looking for? How
much voltage etc.
Could it be a bad connection somewhere else in the car causing it?
What are your thoughts and wisdom (-:
It's a 1969 North American MGC roadster.
Thanks in advance,
Jim
69C
70B