Re: another issue with the "B"

To: 1971MGB <1971mgb@cox.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: another issue with the "B"
From: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 02:47:36 -0700 (PDT)
Any chance some micro amounts of water vapor may have gotten inside the dizzy
cap?
Try taking the cap off and spraying the inside with WD-40. Do you have a tiny
bead of dielectric grease runiing around the edge of the cap where it meets the
body? If not, this would be a good time to do so. Cant rule out moisture inside
the cap either by infiltratng around the unprotected edge or througha micro
crack in the cap itself. If the wd-40 seems to smooth it out I would chuck the
cap just in case.
Carl

1971MGB <1971mgb@cox.net> wrote:
here is another new one for me, I cleaned the engine compartment today using
Engine Bright on my 71 MGB, after washing the Engine Bright off with water, I
had the carb's distributor covered with plastic prior to using water in the
engine compartment, I started up the car and found that the engine started
missing within a few seconds, I had to choke it to keep the car running, and
at that the RPM would fluctuate by 500RPM, the engine finally settled down but
I had to keep choking it to keep it running, I washed the engine compartment
dozens of time and never encountered this problem, any ideas?
Bernie
71 MGB