Re: coils

To: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>, "mgs"
Subject: Re: coils
From: "Stephanie Lupynec" <renoman@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 13:10:31 -0400
 If somebody could measure the secondary resistance on an MGA HA12 coil it
would be interesting to compare.

Turns out the Lucas coil which I thought was an HA12 is actually a smaller
diameter LP12. It along with an assortment of 5 spare generics reads under 4
ohms primary and under 10K secondary. The LA12 I'm looking at using is 3.8
ohms primary and 48K secondary.

Thanks to Paul, I now know where the LA12 originally came from - a friend's
1098 sprite - and since they are listed interchangeable for 1 liter motors,
it should be OK on the 1600.

Mike