Re: pumpkin problems?

To: smarc@smarc.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: pumpkin problems?
From: RampantNM@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 12:06:59 EDT
In a message dated 9/21/2005 10:03:48 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
smarc@smarc.net writes:

am  dealing with a 1980 MGB with overdrive. Recently I have noticed a
slight  'clank' sound upon pulling away from a stop. Also was noticing a
slight  intermittant squeal type noise when I pass an embankment or
something that  can reflect sound back to me.

Marc,

While it is not a replacement for the list knowledge or a good manual, get
the MG is Born DVDs from Rick and check out the rebuild the fellow does on the
B  differential.  He replaces some thrust washers to prevent a "clank"  sound.

Robert  Houston
74.5 MGBGT
63 TR4
73 MG Midget

Firstly you must always  implicitly obey orders, without attempting to form
any opinion of your own  regarding their propriety. Secondly, you must consider
every man your enemy who  speaks ill of your king; and thirdly you must hate
a Frenchman as you hate the  devil._ Horatio  Nelson_
(http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/h/horationel167957.html)