Detail Questions; 66 MGB

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Detail Questions; 66 MGB
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 20:57:00 -0400
Hello all,
I'm in detail assembly stages of building a '66 MGB roadster GHN3 series and I
want to nail this originality stuff down right. I have a few questions:
1. bonnet to hinge mounting screws, flats, locks and nuts.......painted body
colour or plain zinc finish?
2. bonnet striker pin, cup and coil spring......painted body colour or what?
3. angular coil mounting bracket to left side engine mount.....painted engine
maroon or black?
4. copper hot water pipe from engine to heater.....plain copper finish or
painted engine maroon?

If any body else cares about these things, I'll share answers with all.

Thanks very much.
Rich Chrysler