A different type of differential leak

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: A different type of differential leak
From: "Stuart MacMillan" <macgroup@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 08:10:57 -0700
My '65 has the banjo type rear axle, and after 40 years it leaks around the
seal between the differential carrier and the banjo axle. This is a major
job to fix, and I'm wondering if anyone has used a leak stop additive with
any success for this type of thing.  I know that the types that swell rubber
won't work, but maybe there is a type that fills leaks with some magic
ingredient like those "fix a flat" products do. I doubt that I'll be fixing
this any time soon, so I'll live with it if there isn't an easy fix.  After
all, it's just another spot on the driveway among many.

TIA,

Stuart MacMillan

'65 roadster