vacuum line

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: vacuum line
From: John.Hed@faa.gov
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 11:21:46 -0700
Question for the group:  I just got a 1980 MGB and there are a couple of
vacuum lines that come off a small square box attached to the outside of
the cover over the brake and clutch mechanisms.  One line (side of the
small box) goes to the distributor, which is obviously vacuum advance.
However, the other line, that comes out of the top of that small box, is
loose and not connected to anything!  (has a small "L" fitting on the end).
The books I have don't help much.  And the Moss catalog seems to show it
may go to the carb?  But I can't find anything on the carb it could attach
to.  Anyone out there have a late model B that they could go look at and
let me know?  I have the automatic choke (water) ZS carb.

John Hed
80 MGB
john.hed@faa.gov