Re: Engine Swap Progress

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Engine Swap Progress
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 10:55:03 EST
The Maica Jamaican project is proceeding with fairly good speed. More  images
posted at _http://www.rhodo.citymax.com/Jamaican.html_
(http://www.rhodo.citymax.com/Jamaican.html)

We ripped the interior, floorboards, and instrument panel out (the pervious
owner was unaccountably taken with yellow shag carpet and fake wood panels) We
 found that there was nothing remaining of the original MGA flooring behind
the  seats and that a wooden structure worthy of a boat builder had been
substituted.

The old engine is out, a new trans mount has been crafted and installed,  and
(not shown in the pictures posted) the engine mounts have been completely
removed, the rear tubular crossmember has been removed temporarily to allow the

trans to sit low enough, and a great whack has been taken out of the front
crossmember until we determine exactly how much space the pulley on the Camaro
motor will need, after which we will neatly weld in new plates to close the
frame again.

The engine is no longer than the MG was, but has different  protrusions.

Bill