Re: MGB Side Exhaust

To: Daybell7@aol.com
Subject: Re: MGB Side Exhaust
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 10:51:36 -0700
Donno about your exhaust.  I've never seen one on a B.

As for the engine pull, you might want to consider a speedy-sleeve for
that rear seal if you can get it on without tearing the engine apart.

My experience has been that changing the seal doesn't fix the leak.  I
didn't put the sleeve on because I couldn't see how to do it without
major disassembly.  I should have tried harder.

Oh, and by the time you get the engine ready to pull it us only a few
more bolts to take the tranny as well.  And then the only hard part will
be getting the bolts that mount the cross member to the tranny back on.
You can also  replace all the motor/tranny mounts while you are in
there.  (If you haven't done that already I bet they are in need.)

--
Andrew