RE: Off Topic - Computer Question

To: "'MG List'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Off Topic - Computer Question
From: David Breneman <david_breneman@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 09:17:06 -0800 (PST)
--- Scott Bonacker <lister@bonackers.com> wrote:

> I generally take all of the default desktop icons that various
> programs
> setup, and put them in a folder called "_Desktop Icons" that that
> begins
> with an underscore so that it sorts to the top alphabetically.

Boy, count on Microsoft the throw standards out the window, "D"
is ASCII 0x44 and "_" is ASCII 0x5F, so "Desktop" should show in a
directory listing *above* "_Desktop"!  In fact, an underscore should
only show up above file names with a leading lower-case letter.
And don't even get me started about the idiocy of allowing whitespace
in file and directory names!  :-)

David Breneman         david_breneman@yahoo.com

Yahoo! Music Unlimited
http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/