Re: Clutch Tear Down

To: max_heim@sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: Clutch Tear Down
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 16:40:17 -0500
  Yo ho ho and the wind blows free,
  Oh for the life on the rolling sea.

  Yep, rope.   It is probably spliced into a grommet (circle) , or it
could be two grommets.  Fig. A.26 shows the chain's hook is centered over
valve cover. Forward loop passes just forward of and against the exhaust
manifold and then appears to drop straight down to the sump, and the
after loop passes just behind and against the exhaust manifold then is
visible going vertical to the sump.   This is a picture of engine
removal, it turns out. I wrote earlier that it was a photo of an
installation.
   Fig. R.2 shows installation of the body onto chassis. In this photo
engine is in place, car is on wheels, steering wheel and column have been
installed.  Though the hoist in the photo is a crossbeam with vertical
rods hooked under the body, the text says "A rope sling is quite
satisfactory."
Bob