Ground Wires in Boot

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ground Wires in Boot
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 15:48:00 -0500
Hello all,
I'm restoring a '66 MGB roadster. In the new harness there is a collective
group of black (ground or earth) wires coming into a 1/4" i.d. eye terminal
that seems to want to locate approx. in the middle of the rear of the boot
area, just under the latch. The length coming out of the woven harness is
about 11". There doesn't seem to be any obvious place for this eye terminal to
be located. The shanks of the fuel tank bolts in the boot floor are larger
diameter. The only 1/4" bolts I can see in the area hold down the boot lid
latch striker but this would leave the earth wires sitting up quite exposed to
snags, etc.
Clausager's book doesn't quite show it either.
Can somebody check and tell me where this earth connection is supposed to be?
Thanks
Rich Chrysler