RE: Cooling related to water flow

To: "Barrie Robinson" <barrie@look.ca>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Cooling related to water flow
From: "Councill, David" <dcouncill@msubillings.edu>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 08:57:42 -0700
Actually, I don't think this is just a theory. The cooling capacity will
be reduced once the rate exceeds a certain point. As a former chemical
engineering student, I recall learning this in a class on heat transfer
(yes, it was one whole semester just on this topic). It relates to the
behavior of the flow of coolant changing from what is called a "laminar"
flow to a "turbulent" flow. There was a time when I might have dug up my
old textbook which I am sure I still have. But with the Internet, the
need for using such an old carbon based form of research is no longer
necessary. Perhaps a search of these terms I mentioned will give you
something more definitive than my recollections of a class a few decades
in the past.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B