Re: MGBGT on eBay Vs. MGCGT

To: <ATWEDITOR@aol.com>, <Mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGBGT on eBay Vs. MGCGT
From: "James Schulte" <schultejim@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 16:21:01 -0500
I'm in the process of eliminating the C front handling problems. I have a MGC
roadster and have ordered the 7/8" front sway bar and the 3/4" back sway bar.
A friend has this on his roadster and it handles like a BMW. I followed him in
mine and noticed how mine was leaning in the corners and his was flat. The
diving can be eliminated by adding up rated torsion bars. But... you don't
want to do both. The standard sway bar or 3/4" front sway bar is fine. Going
with 7/8" front and up rated torsion bar would make the front way to stiff! Go
to MG Enthusiasts site and MGC, you will see a great discussion on this with
the pros and cons. As far as a CGT goes, you gain weather protection as far as
rain and cold but unless you have a sun roof or air conditioning, summers are
tough in a CGT.  The engine really heats things up. I super insulated my
cockpit and have so far averted any heat for my roadster when the hood (top)
is up.
I'd love a CGT and keep my C roadster. Someday...(-:
Jim
69C
70B