RE: Engine running too cold

To: "Steve Shoyer" <Steve@shoyer.com>, "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Engine running too cold
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 09:39:18 -0800
This is a simplistic explanation, the physics of heat transfer are a lot
more complicated.  But this does give you a quick indication of whether
you are running too high, or too low a pressure with non-stock tires and
wheels.

Measure the tire surface temperature in increments from each edge to
center after some sustained driving.

If the center of the tire is hotter than the edges, the tire has too
high of a pressure.

Kelvin.

Behalf