Re: Rear Crank Seal, Front Gearbox Seal, and Rear Gearbox Bush

To: Daybell7@aol.com
Subject: Re: Rear Crank Seal, Front Gearbox Seal, and Rear Gearbox Bush
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 10:29:09 -0500
    Yes, it is PM.  Seals are cheap. Labor is too, as long as the engine
is out of the car.  A leaking front seal makes an oily mess on the
engine; a leaking rear seal contributes to  "marking its spot"  in the
driveway and might get oil onto the new clutch.   Remember to keep the
cotter pin loose in the clutch housing drain hole. The spigot (pilot)
bushing keeps the gearbox input shaft in proper engagement with the
crankshaft.
     It was 8 degrees on our back porch this morning. I haven't seen an
MGB running all day, not even mine.
Bob
Guilford, CT