Re: SU fuel pump life and stalling engine

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SU fuel pump life and stalling engine
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 17:09:50 -0800
You astonish me.

I have found that the one set of items that do require regular replacement
are the cap and rotor (my B has an optical "pointless" ignition conversion).
For some reason, last year's set seems to give up as soon as the weather
gets damp. There is never any visible defect, but rough running can be cured
by a simple cap and rotor replacement. Perhaps the parts supplied here are
of a different quality.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149