RE: Forwarded: hub nut

To: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>, <mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Forwarded: hub nut
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 10:38:42 -0800
AAAAACKKKK!

Not the dreaded hub nut question again.

That does it!

I'm going into the warehouse and measure the ID of both the front and
rear hubs.  Then this weekend compare it to some used ones.

Then we can know exactly what OD socket will fit down into the hub.

We now know (thanks to Paul) that we need a 1 1/8" for the front and a 1
5/16" for the rear.

We also know from past threads that the socket needs to be a good
quality one (r.e. Thinwall)  Cheap thick wall sockets will have to large
of an OD to fit.

When I get the socket OD information I will put it up on the Moss
website under More info on the front suspension page.

Kelvin.