Re: Slow Progress on the 'B

To: MG list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Slow Progress on the 'B
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 00:11:42 +1030
On 20/01/2006, at 7:15 PM, Eric Erickson wrote:

> The 'B progress continues.  She has had the bodywork and paint done
> and she is carrying few stickers - and will have some further
> racing livery added soon - to pay for that work.

A little update for those following the story.

Engine refreshed and clutch re-built and re-assembly started.

Oh dear... the guys doing the blasting of the engine bay seem not to
have done much of this before (selected by the guys doing the paint
job).  All my hydraulics, pipes and hoses are full of blast dust!
Yep, all the way into my guages!

When the car was delivered (with the engine bay stripped) for
painting there was no original mention of blasting it so it was not
prepared for this work.  When they called me and said the bill might
be a bit higher because they needed to blast the engine bay I just
told them to go ahead (and then told the people paying the bill).  I
naturally thought those doing the work would have thought of the
ramifications.

Again we learn not to assume anything!

They taped a board over the bellhousing but not really tightly and
that also is full of dust.

Does anyone know if you can safely pull apart a Willwood brake bias
adjustment box to clean it out?

This saga is getting depressing.

Here goes another few days of cleaning everything out.

Eric
'68 MGB MkII
Adelaide, South Australia