Re: So I shift gears and it shorts out everything

To: "mg listserve" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: So I shift gears and it shorts out everything
From: "mghirsch" <mghirsch@netzero.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 20:52:13 -0600
I see two possibilities, though they are related.

 If you have OD, the wiring to the solenoid is not fused.  If there is a
worn spot on the wiring it could short out as the motor torques, especially
if you have worn motor mounts.

The other possibility is related.  Some wire someplace (big help, huh?) is
shorting out when the motor torques.  I think I would start with battery
cable and then look at the thick brown wire from the alternator.

Maynard