Re: No S-turns, no no-good hand brake

To: "Mike Torrusio" <miket@maine.rr.com>
Subject: Re: No S-turns, no no-good hand brake
From: "Phil Bates" <jello@ida.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 17:01:09 -0700 (MST)
The shock job is a fairly large job.  That said, I'd take it on myself
(and I have.  Depending on your springs, you may very well need a spring
compressor to do it (but I didn't need one - my shock came unmounted while
I was driving down the freeway at 75 mph).  They aren't real hard to
change - but you do need to support the car properly - which I don't know
how to describe.  As I recall (I don't have the picture handy), on each
side there are two bolts on the arm - one of which with bushings out on
the kingpin - and 4 bolts holding the shock to the front crossmember.
Remove carefully, and replace with new.  Then check the alignment.

Phil