RE: Head re-torque

To: "Gordie's Garage" <mg_garage@comcast.net>,
Subject: RE: Head re-torque
From: don <don@napanet.net>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 19:09:25 -0700
I had always thought when retorquing that you proceed one at a time,
loosening each nut slightly, then retorquing to the proper spec.  That's
how I've done it for 30 years and it always worked for me.  I had an old
Toyota Celica that was starting to weep oil and coolant from the head
gasket.  Rather than tear it apart, I tried retorquing the head and it
cured the leaks and was still going strong when I sold it several years later.
Don Scott