Broken starter solenoid post

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Broken starter solenoid post
From: "Steve Shoyer" <Steve@shoyer.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 02:28:52 -0400
The post where the brown wires connect to the starter solenoid broke a
while ago, so it is now too short for two nuts to hold the wires in
place, and there's one nut holding the wires loosly.  This is usually
not a big problem, but my car died yesterday on my way home (in the
rain, of course) and I needed to call a friend for a jump.  Is there any
way to replace the post, or would I need to replace the solenoid (or
worse, the entire starter)?  Thanks.

--Steve (1980 MGB)