Re: Drivers's side door latch

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Drivers's side door latch
From: "Pat Harris - \"sammler\"" <sammler@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 10:37:11 -0400
Please don't think I'm trying to "chastise" you for asking a question
BUT I would always suggest that you look on Barney Gaylord's web pages
before asking.  You will probably find your answer or at least have a
chance to get some information relating to your problem.  I recently had
a problem with the door latches and this is what I found about the
latches <http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/body/bd103c.htm>.  Additionally, you
should have on hand a copy of either the Moss Motors
<http://www.mossmotors.com/> or the Victoria British
<http://www.victoriabritish.com/> parts catalog. New latches, striker
plates and all nuts, bolts, etc. for both doors would be approximately
$100.  The parts diagrams are excellent for helping to see how to get
things apart, and back together again.

Chances are both the striker plate and the latch as shown on Barney's
pages are what are needed.  I just made the latches for both doors ala
Barney and they do work.  I must do some more grinding and shaping as
the ones I made do not yet latch without pulling on the door pull cable.

If you are lucky it may just be a matter of adjusting the position of
the striker plate or if not that, the position of the latch.

Good luck,
Pat