Re: Rubber on rubber squeak

To: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>, Allan.Thompson@ntlworld.com
Subject: Re: Rubber on rubber squeak
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 11:06:03 -0400
It is great to hear that the USA has banned talcum powder.  I usually
slang the Yanks but this is a real feather in their cap.  Talcum
powder was made form a type of marble found in India which was in
tiger habitat.  As they mined the stone for talc so the habitat for
the tigers got smaller and smaller and smaller

At 08:26 AM 8/21/2006, Bob Howard wrote:
>   Talcum powder works great for this.     However.....you are not allowed
>to buy this in USA  any more, so will have to search around for old
>stock.  Baby powder is the easiest source for it, but today's baby powder
>is corn-starch based.  Look for an old can somewhere.   BTW, it's also
>excellent for taking out squeaks in floor planking.
>Bob
>

>On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 11:17:39 +0100 "Allan.Thompson"
><Allan.Thompson@ntlworld.com> writes:
> > Nothing to do with MG's.  on my Mazda MX3 rear hatch door there is an
> > annoying squeak caused by rubber seal on rubber seal.
> >

> > Anyone know of a lubricant that I can apply to the rubber to stop
> > the
> > squeaks?
> >

> > Allan

Regards