Re: stumbling

To: ptroot@iaces.com
Subject: Re: stumbling
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 11:03:34 -0400
Paul,
   Generally speaking, one can stop using the choke of the HIFs within
1/4 mile of driving in air temp of 55 degrees.  I don't think the
stumbling is related to the choke, though it could be a lean mixture
issue.  Have you checked the dashpots for adequate oil?  There's a
ring/step/marker  molded into the metal about 1/2-5/8" down the hole.
Oil should be to that point; a bit of excess will squeeze itself out the
top.
   Check that, and also that dwell and timing are correct.
Bob