Re: LED lights

To: "Andrew Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>
Subject: Re: LED lights
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 08:38:59 +0100
Still no good.  Either they still need the load of the two original
incandescents in order to give the correct flash rate, or they don't care
how many bulbs are in use and hence don't have the failure warning.

Even the parallel resistor I mentioned is only a partial solution.  If it
were contained inside the plug-in assembly along with he LEDs then it would
warn of a failure in the connection to it, but still wouldn't warn if the
LED itself had failed.  If there were an array of LEDs inside the plug-in
unit, as well as an equivalent load resistor, then hopefully they would only
fail one at a time and get picked up at the weekly check ...

PaulH.