RE: lift

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: lift
From: "Steve Shoyer" <Steve@shoyer.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 01:49:15 -0500
I put in a lift last year.  To make my decision, I picked up a copy of
Hemmings and took a look at the ads there, then created a spreadsheet so
I could easily compare the various models, and I wound up with one that
met my needs (Revolution lift by Rotary, www.revolutionlifts.com).  I'd
highly recommend measuring everything very carefully, especially if you
plan to park a second car under the lift (my SUV fits, but I can't open
the rear hatch all the way).  You can also put tape down on the garage
floor to make sure that the posts and ramp will fit in your garage.

Many of the lift manufacturers have a ceiling height calculator on their
websites, so that's a good place to start.

Get some friends to help unpack and install the lift.  I did it myself,
but it would have been much easier and safer with at least one other
person around.

For cautions, be sure that you put your radio antenna down before
raising the car!

--Steve