Re: Dead pedal for B

To: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Subject: Re: Dead pedal for B
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 14:47:11 -0800
on 11/14/06 1:59 PM, Dodd, Kelvin at doddk@mossmotors.com wrote:

> Max:
>
> A passenger foot brace was another item we were thinking about. Every
> Rally car I have ever been in has had one, and they make a lot of
> difference to the passenger's comfort if you are driving hard.

Yeah, I mentioned it because my co-driver on the California Melee was having
this issue (I was afraid he was going to tear off the windshield top frame).
It helped when I told him to slide his seat forward so he could use the
firewall to brace. But my wife is too short even for that. Not that she puts
up with "spirited" driving...

> You did raise an issue which I hadn't thought about while this product
> was being developed. But it is going to be a bit tough reaching the
> floor mounted high beam switch on the early car. Still, us short folks
> will figure out a way.

The problem isn't that I can't reach the hi-beam switch. It's that the ideal
position for the dead pedal would be about one inch in front of the hi-beam
switch, making it a challenge to hook your toe around it to dim the hi-beam.
Which would not be good in practice, needless to say.

What would work is a kit to remount the hi-beam switch at the top (toe end)
of your dead pedal. A short bundle of color-coded wires with bullet
connectors would do it <g>.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149